Chemical Engineering Sees Higher Percentage of Women Marching Across Commencement Stage
Carnegie Mellon University women are poised to add more oomph to the U.S. economy as they enter a job market that remains a wild card in the recovery picture. This year, women graduates make up more than 50 percent of the ChemE class. Continue Reading...
Becoming an engineer is all about solving problems. It is a combination of technical skills, innovation, project management, communication capability, and creative thinking. Prospective undergraduate and graduate students will find that Carnegie Mellon University's College of Engineering has a lot to offer both in the classroom and out, providing our students with the experience to create their own future. The College of Engineering is a top-ranked institution, offering interdisciplinary and global opportunities. The college includes 7 departments granting B.S., M.S. and Ph.D. degrees, 2 graduate-only degree granting departments, 2 research institutes, many multidisciplinary research centers.
Home to more than 150 student organizations, the Carnegie Mellon experience goes far beyond the classroom. And if you don't find exactly what you want, Carnegie Mellon encourages you to create your own path. Learn more about our student organizations.
Choosing a college is a major life decision. The quality of education you receive will determine your career potential and the scope of available opportunities post-graduation.
Our master's and Ph.D. programs are some of the most sought-after opportunities in education. We offer you the chance to drive leading research, work side-by-side with acclaimed faculty, and receive an education that is acknowledged to be among the best in the country.
Integrated and Accelerated Programs
Interested in getting both bachelor's and master's degrees in five years? CIT offers a number of integrated and accelerated programs.
- Civil & Environmental Integrated B.S./M.S
- Civil & Environmental Engineering/MBA
- Electrical & Computer Engineering Integrated Master's/Bachelor's (IMB) program
- Engineering/MBA 5-Year Integrated Program
- Engineering & Public Policy Five-Year B.S./M.S program (scroll down to the second-to-last-paragraph)
- Information Networking Institute Integrated Master's programs for SCS and ECE students
- Materials Science & Engineering Integrated M.S.-B.S. Program
- Mechanical Engineering Accelerated Graduate Program
Learn more about the College of Engineering, also known as CIT, at Carnegie Mellon.